Recorded in 2000 and released the following year, 'Soil' was the album that consolidated the eclectic approach of its predecessor 'Truffles of Love'.
Neo-folk and new-wave styles are combined to give the most pessimistic and heavily stylised release to be found in the Naevus catalogue.
Layered acoustic guitars and bass that sounds like reverberating shipping rope are blended with stentorian vocals and and thunderous drum machine to create claustrophobic and relentless slabs of sound.
This expanded edition restores the artwork that was originally intended for the album and adds six bonus tracks, including the original version of the longstanding live favourite 'No, Remember' and cover versions of songs by Laibach and Kirlian Camera.
Unavailable for years, Old Europa Cafe presents the definitive edition of this classic Naevus album.
Album comes packed in elegant gatefold-digipak with 12 pages lyrics booklet.
2. How Dogs Die
3. A Nausea
7. Cutting Tool
9. I Was There
11. Soil and Soil Alike (original version - previously unreleased)
12. Off-White Life (previously unreleased)
13. After Winter (previously released in 2001 on Kirlian Camera tribute CD Kälte Container)
14. Bloody Ground, Fertile Land (Laibach cover - previously unreleased)
15. No, Remember (previously released in 2003 on the compilation CD Triumph Des Todes)
16. Water's Work (previously released in 2003 on the 7” vinyl EP Sail Away)